Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SkyeBlue's Leads

Narrative:

Let me tell you a little story about what I’m going to talk about. It was winter, sometime
around Christmas and my brother wanted a game called Sonic Colors©. It had just come out, and it was around $50 to $60. We waited a few days, at least until my father got payed, then they went to Target to buy the game for him. He was really excited, and I felt that it was worth the money to get the game for him because I liked the game too. It was fun for the first week, but then the next week, he beat the story mode. That’s when I felt like the game was a waste of money, since it was so short. This is where I start my argument.

Contrast and Compare:

Video games before had original puzzles, challenging gameplay and
very creative storylines, and were worth buying for about $50 dollars. Games nowadays are either too easy, too short, or overrun with collectibles. Sonic Colors is what I’m specifically talking about, since the storyline was too easy, and it reminded me too much of other games I’ve played before.

Twist:

Sonic Colors, It had pretty cool graphics, nice colors that made it pop, and it starred one
favorite characters ever, Sonic the Hedgehog. But to me, the game was too short because when I played it, I tried to stretch the time out, so I beat it in two weeks, playing it for about an hour a day. I’d say it was a disappointment, to say that the last game, Sonic Unleashed was a lot longer than that, and I haven’t even collected any collectibles yet!


-SkyeBlue

8 comments:

  1. i really like all of them. I thinkk the first one was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Compare and Contrast lead the best. It definitely provides some context for you argument.

    -Culinary Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first lead seems to reach out to the reader the most, mostly because of how you described your own experiences and problems. The second lead is very good as well, but I think that you will need to mention some of your own experiences throughout the article anyways to provide a good background for your argument.
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the first lead was the best, becuase it placed the reader into a situation in which he/she could relate to. It also has a fun narrative.
    -Chocolate Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second or the third leads are your best choices. Also in your first lead, tell me your argument, don't say: "This is where I start my argument."

    --SUSHI MASTA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the narrative lead the best, because it puts a face to the issue and intrigues me more.-Haley

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the second lead is the best because it gets into all the problems you have with the game, but i would suggest to say "before" WHEN when you say "Video games before had original puzzles..."

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the contrast and compare. Instead of saying "Sonic Colors is what I’m specifically talking about" Maybe just say, "an example of this is sonic colors" or something that flows with the lead.

    ReplyDelete