Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Blood+ Review

This week's Post: Blood+, the manga review!

For those who haven't read/watched Blood+, It's about a girl named Saya, who at first suffers from amnesia, learns of her past (which is kinda sad, in a way) and that she has to fight off these monsters called Chiropetans. To learn more about it, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood%2B

To start off, let me say that the series was short; it was only about 5 volumes. I expected it to be longer, considering how long the anime was (I'm still not finished with yet....) but oh well. It was good though. The first 2 volumes were a little confusing, like trying to remember who everyone was and all the terms that they used, but not to the point that it's frustrating. (I just gave up with remembering because I'm lazy XD). 
There were some pretty funny moments, perverted moments (hey, it's manga), and some sad moments.  I was hooked automatically because 1. I watched part of the anime, so I figured the manga would be just as good and 2. It's awesome. It has plenty of action scenes and violence, and blood. Lots of blood (duh the name). The fighting scenes are mainly slashing sword fights, but there was some with just brute strength (kinda disturbing btw). 
To sum up my random jargon-face: It's a good shonen, action, romance, comedy manga. I recommend it to all those manga fans out there. However, do not read if you do not like violence or blood. Or perverted manga. If that doesn't apply to you, then go out and get your own copy (or check it out at the library like I did, cause I'm poor) today!

Sayonara!




No comments:

Post a Comment