Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mince Craft: The Noob's Journey

Konnichiwa everyone! I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving break, but now it's time for school and work again (but not for long, 3 more weeks until winter break!). Your PurpleNinja has come to report to you, that after trying to find a way to play Minecraft for so long, thanks to SkyeBlue, I can now play it! And after playing for like, a day and a half, I feel pretty noobish. Like, the purpose of the game (at least what I know from it) is to mine for certain things (like coal and iron, steel, and other stuff like that) and create new items from it. I heard from Hardstyle21 that there is a boss battle with a dragon, but I don't know. I just want to mine in a cave without dying in lava. 
minecraft zombie

So far, I built myself a house (still needs work to it)  and crafted basic materials for mining, like a pickaxe and shovels and whatnot. I've kept it on peaceful mode until I'm done with my house and crafting other basic necessities. The last thing I need is to be down in a deep (and I mean deep) dark cave being attacked by spiders or getting my house blown up by a creeper. I'm still trying to regain all the stuff I lost after burning in a pit of lava. (And I had so much coal too!!!) But all in all, it's a pretty fun, addicting and time consuming game. Seriously, I started playing at like 9 or 10 pm and I ended up playing until 1 am last night trying to fix up my house and make me a bed for it. Talk about being memorized by a flashing screen of wonders.

Buy Minecraft for $26.95 here or play it for free in-browser here. (Or you can be illegal and try to download a cracked version on the web somewhere. It's out there, I know it...)

And just a few tips before I go
1. Make a house from an existing hill: So much easier than building from scratch. If you dig deep enough too, you can stumble (or fall into) a cave for mining!
2. Carry extra supplies: You never know when you're gonna run out of something until you do and get stuck.
 3. Creepers explode: Don't get to close to them, they do blow up houses, and you!
4. Don't hit dogs: Hitting other animals is ok, but dogs fight back. Plus, they roam in packs, so if you hurt one, they ALL come after you. Not the best way to start off.
5. Have fun: Not a very hard tip to follow if I do say so myself.
Last but not least, make sure you're not playing it for too long. You get sucked in, and you just may not come out. EVER.

Sayonara!

1 comment:

  1. er...those "caves" you "fall into" normally have a few monster spawns. They can't spawn in certain amounts of light, so have LOTS OF TORCHES! ALWAYS! 0_0 and a boat...is useful...heh.

    YAAAAAAY MC buddy!

    ReplyDelete